- Paul Osborn, Chairman
- Roxanne Munger
- Joel D'Alba
- Dan Manges
- Julie Colantonio
- Tracy Denny
- Melissa Domoy
- None at the moment
Town of Oakfield 2019 Youth Swimming Program
The Town of Oakfield Youth Recreation Commission will begin offering a Youth Swimming Program at the Oakfield-Alabama Middle High School Pool. This 2019 program is open to all members of the community. Open Swim along with 4 swim lesson programs will be offered. The 4 programs include: Parent/Child Swim, Beginner Swim Lessons, Intermediate Swim Lessons, and Advanced Swim Lessons all with limited space. Please read below for more information:
- There is a $35 per student fee.
- Open Family Swim will be FREE. Lesson programs will be held Tues. & Thurs., starting February 26th and ending March 21nd , 2019.
- Open Family Swim will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays which will be held in both the Deep & Shallow end of the pool.
- Each person will be tested prior to being allowed in the Deep end.
- An instructor and lifeguard will be present for all programs.
- Parents are required to supervise and/or swim with their children during Open Family Swim.
- Registration, waivers are to be completed, and can be downloaded online here or can be filled out online here. All Forms must be completed and Fees paid in full by February 22, 2019**. Classes are limited so it will be on a first come, first serve registration/payment.
- Parents are responsible for their child both before and after their Lessons and Open Swim.
- It is required for all participants to arrive 30 mins prior to lesson, changed, rinsed off and in the pool when lesson begins.
- There are no refunds for missed lessons once the four week session begins. Please be aware, if school is canceled or closed for any reason, the swim program will also be canceled.
** Payments can be made by check written to the Town of Oakfield Youth Recreation or by credit/debit card by calling 948-5835 xt. 101 between hours of 9:00 – 3:30 pm. A minimum convenience fee of $1.50 will be charged for all credit/debit transactions.
Swimming Program Brochure (Registration/Consent/Waiver): Click here to learn more.
Online Swim Form: Click here to fill out.
Town of Oakfield Summer Recreation Program
The Summer Recreation Program is for any area youth between the ages of 5 and 12
Youth Recreation uses the “Remind” app just like school! Please text, “81010” wit the message “@parkrecr” and parents or caregivers will receive texts from the Youth Recreation Director.
Summer Recreation Registration Form
Questions? Contact Riley D’Alba at email@example.com or (585) 815-9152
Throughout the five-week program, there are various field trips that we will be taking. Permission slips are to be filled out online. The money is to be turned into Riley D’Alba, OA Summer Recreation Program Coordinator. Permission slips are due the week before the field trip and only the online forms will be accepted. No late payments or registrations accepted. The Waiver for the Field Trip to Altitude is a hard copy, please sign and return with payment & you MUST complete the online registration for this field trip, as well. Due to the limited seating on the bus, there are only so many children who can attend the trips, so it will run on a first come, first serve basis. It is important to turn in your permission slips and money ASAP. Every Park Rec Counselor will be attending these field trips, the Park will be closed that day.
Any child who is not registered for the program and/or did not complete the online permission slip will not be allowed on the bus. HAND WRITTEN PERMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Park Recreation begins at 9 am every morning and ends at 4 pm every afternoon. Children can come to the park at any time, however, they must enter through the small parking lot on Drake Street AND they must be signed in by a parent/guardian. When your child leaves the park, he or she must exit through the same parking lot and be signed out in the same fashion. Children that walk or ride their bike must follow the same procedure, except they may have a note from a parent/guardian allowing them to do so which will take the place of a parent/guardian signature. Because your child’s safety is our number one policy, we ask that you adhere to this strict policy.
Lunch will held daily from 12-1 pm. This year the food stand will not be open for the summer, but we will be receiving free lunches from the school as an alternate option for lunch. Children should either be sent to the park with a lunch, or they should ask to receive a lunch at that time. Children that wish to leave the park for lunch, must again have a signed note to do so, and they must sign out of the park.
The Park will be open every day that is on the calendar. In the event of a severe thunderstorm, we will try our best to find an alternate location for the day. These options may include the Community Center of the Town Building, the Gymnasium at the School, or the Haxton Memorial Library. When such a decision is made you will be contacted by a Park Rec Counselor.
Some counselors will be taking the kids to the Haxton Memorial Library on Tuesdays & Thursdays for a movie, and to participate in the Summer Reading Program. During these visits, your child may check out a book, if they have a library card, but they are responsible for returning the book on-time.