Welcome to Our Cemetery Database Site
Please NOTE that our databases are updated every June and December.
Cary Cemetery – 21 Albert Street, Oakfield NY 14125
Reed Cemetery – 2635 Judge Road, Oakfield NY 14125
East Oakfield Cemetery – 3560 Lockport Road, Oakfield NY 14125
This is being made available to you through the Town of Oakfield Website.
You are able to access:
Persons Who Are Buried,
& Lot Owners
For Both Cary or Reed Cemeteries.
These Links Will Show You Plot Owners and Who Is Buried in Each Plot.
Your Search (For Persons Buried and Owners) is done by LAST NAME.
The Maps help you to physically locate each Plot.
This is just one more service the Town of Oakfield is trying to provide to Our Residents.
RULES FOR CEMETERIES OPERATED BY THE TOWN OF OAKFIELD
CARY CEMETERY • EAST OAKFIELD CEMETERY • REED CEMETERY
- Your co-operation with the rules is requested so the cemeteries will be maintained in keeping with the respect due the persons whose memory is honored by the cemetery.
- The following are general rules. However, the Town Highway Superintendent and/or persons designated by the Town Highway Superintendent are authorized in their discretion to remove and dispose of any particular shrub, tree, urn, crock, pot or grave decoration, or other thing, at any time without notice.
- No ground planting of flowers, trees or scrubs is permitted. No edging material, such as plastic, steel, marble, stone, wood chips, etc. is permitted.
- The only items allowed on each plot other than the headstone are two (2) urns, crocks, or flower pots, which should be placed at either end of the headstone if space permits.
- Urns or crocks should be planted by June 15th or they may be removed.
- Flowers pots should be removed by October 15th or they may be removed.
- Artificial flowers and other decorations are permitted for a single season. If they become unsightly or weather-worn they may be removed.
- Any Christmas or winter decorations should be removed by March 15th or they may be removed.
- Cemeteries will be open from dawn to dusk.
BY RESOLUTION OF THE OAKFIELD TOWN BOARD | ADOPTED SEPTEMBER 14TH 1999
- Therefore be it RESOLVED that the scheduling of grave openings and burials in the Town of Oakfield Cemeteries (Cary, Reed and East Oakfield) shall be subject to the following rules:
- All grave openings and burials shall be at the request of the Funeral Director in coordination with the Cemetery Administrator.
- Graveside services are discouraged between December 1st and March 31st and it is requested that only the Funeral Director and Highway Department employees be present at the gravesite. The Town acknowledges that the cemeteries are open to the public year round, but the public is advised that the Town will not plow or maintain cemetery driveways or walkway’s from December 1st through March 31st, and any entry is at their own risk.
ADOPTED BY OAKFIELD TOWN BOARD ON NOVEMBER 13, 2012
For questions on purchasing a plot or other information regarding the cemeteries, you may contact Highway Superintendent Alan Dennis at 585-948-5626.
PRICE SHEET FOR TOWN OF OAKFIELD CEMETERIES
Effective 12/1/2012, by RESOLUTION of the Oakfield Town Board on 11/13/2012
Grave Plots – $500
Grave Openings – $450 – April 1st-November 30th
Grave Openings – $550 – December 1st-March 31st
Infant Openings up to 30″long – $250
Cremation Openings – $250
Vault Storage – $100
Headstone Foundations – $.50/sq.in.
NOTE: This was all possible through the hard work of Deputy Town Clerk Pam Denny