Animal Control or Help With Troublesome Animals
Please call the Genesee County Sheriff’s Department 585-343-5000 for animal control or nuisance animal issues within the Town of Oakfield.

Dog Restrictions in the Town of Oakfield
It is unlawful for dog owners within the Town of Oakfield to allow their dogs to engage in habitual howling, barking, crying or whining or conduct itself in such a manner as to unreasonably and habitually disturb the comfort of persons other than the dog owner. There is a leash law for dogs in the Town of Oakfield.

Dog Licenses
You may obtain a dog license for dogs over four months of age from the Town Clerk at our Town Hall Office on Drake Street. Proof of current Rabies vaccination is required. Annual license fee is $10 for a spayed or neutered dog, and $20 for an unspayed or unneutered dog. A spay/neuter certificate may be required. Please contact the Town Clerk for more information.

Free Rabies Clinic Proof of Vaccinations
If your pet was vaccinated against Rabies at a local Free Rabies Clinic, please contact the Genesee County Health Department at 585-344-2580 ext 5000.
Each Dog, Cat and Ferret must be accompanied by someone who can control it.
Dog, Cat and Ferret vaccinations are free for Genesee County residents.
A $5.00 voluntary donation, per dog, cat or ferret, is requested to offset clinic expenses.
Non-county residents must pay a mandatory $5.00 fee for each dog, cat and ferret immunized.

Obtaining a Marriage License
You may acquire any necessary forms from the Town Clerk at our Town Hall Office on Drake Street. Each person applying for a marriage license must complete this form and show two forms of identification, original divorce papers or death certificates, if necessary. Appointments for obtaining a marriage license is strongly encouraged. For a complete, up-to-date listing of questions and answers about how to get married anywhere in New York State, please click here.

Request for Vital Records: Click here to apply online! 

Copies of Marriage Records
You may obtain a certified copy of a marriage license issued in the Town of Oakfield from the Town Clerk at our Town Hall Offices on Drake Street. Expect a $10 fee.

For a $30 fee, you may also obtain a copy from the New York State Department of Health by writing to:
Certification Unit
Vital Records Section
New York State Dept. of Health
P.O. Box 2602
Albany, NY 12220-2602

Road Maintenance and Responsibility
The Town of Oakfield encompasses Town, County, and State roads. Please note that the Town of Oakfield plows both Town and County roads in the winter. If your mailbox was knocked over by a plow, and you live on a Town or County road, please contact the Town of Oakfield Highway Department.

Property Tax Information
Town of Oakfield Tax Bills are mailed at the end of December each year. The payment schedule is as follows:

Jan 1 – Jan 31: No penalty
Feb 1 – Feb 28: 1 % penalty
Mar 1 – Mar 31: 2 % penalty plus $2 reminders fee

Unpaid tax rolls are surrendered to the Genesee County Treasurer on April 1st. Please contact the County Treasurer at 585-344-2580 for specific amount owed.

Hunting and Fishing Seasons, Licenses, and Regulations
Hunting, fishing, and trapping in New York State are regulated by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Genesee County is located in Region 8 of the DEC. You may call their office for more information at 585-226-2466.
Click here to read more information about hunting in New York State.
Click here to read more information about freshwater fishing in New York State.

Community & Government Center Board Meetings
All meetings are open to the public, and are held at the Town of Oakfield Town Hall Offices, 3219 Drake Street. The Batavia Daily News is the official paper where all legals are published. Contact the Town Clerk for more information. For up-to-date Meeting Dates & Times, please refer to Meeting Minutes.

Parking Permits for Persons with Disabilities
In order to obtain a New York State disabilities parking permit, your doctor must fill out form MV-664. This form must be brought to the Town Clerk in the town where you reside, where you’ll be required to present your Driver’s License, or your non-drivers ID. Please note that a prescription from the Doctor will NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed MV-664.